SUPER-TEK HIGH PERFORMANCE VALVE SEATING
ADVANTAGES OVER PTFE
• Super-Tek has a much more dense and a more homogeneous microstructure
• Greater Molecular Weight & Improved Densification
• Improved toughness
• Micro-Porosity reduced
• Improved creep, cold-flow performance
• Substantially lower deformation under load
• Excellent corrosion resistance
• Lower permeability
• Good electrical and mechanical properties
• Reduces valve operating torques
• Extends the pressure temperature range of soft seated Ball Valves from -320°F
(-196°C) to 500°F (260°C)
Super-Tek II is a 25% glass reinforced TFM offering the advantages of TFM but with an extended
temperature range and added abrasion resistance. Ideal for rapid, high cycle applications,
higher-pressure steams, hot gases, thermal fluids and a variety of process chemicals. Super-
Tek II is an excellent alternative for Peek and in some cases metal seats.
• Temperature range to 572°F (300°C)
• Note operating valve torque is increased by approximately 20% above Super-Tek
This product is another example of Flo-Tite’s refinement of the basic ball valve.
Super-Teks high temperature capabilities allow weld end ball valves to be welded to
the piping system without disassembly following special welding procedures. This
unique advantage results in ease of installation and cost savings while insuring
full integrity of the factory assembled and tested valve.
Exceptional sealing characteristics unaffected by virtually all Processing Medias.